Tour-guide Louis Wilson is a born and bred Dubliner. Educated to third level in his native city, married with four sons, he has spent his life living and working in this old city. He has dealt with visitors to Dublin directly, for over 20 years now. If you like him, tell him, but if you like the tour, tell the world!
See the Real Dublin
This is a river walk with a tour built around it. The river was there before the city was built. The bridges and side streets, leading to the places we will visit, pull the tour together like the lace in a boot. A Victorian fruit and vegetable market, a house from James Joyce’s short stories, a hotel owned by Bono of U2, a visit to Dublin’s oldest pub, and even a brush with death in a catacomb of mummies – they all have one thing in common – and that is their proximity to the River Liffey itself.
The walking tour includes an separate tour within it, which costs €4 per person. This is a visit to St. Michan’s Church, where we will dive deep underground to the vaults and see the mummified remains of some very interesting people. Some say it’s shocking, others like that sort of thing.
- Tour starts at the Molly Malone Statue (see map in footer)
- Tour runs Monday – Saturday unless stipulated otherwise
- Twice daily: 10.30AM and 2.30PM
- Duration: 2 – 3 hours
- Tours depart weather permitting
- The tour is free, tips accepted at the end
- This is a walking tour like no other so be ready to cover a lot of ground!